Will be responsible for assembling, installation and wiring of panels, motors and instruments required by ABC. This position requires skills in communication and organization. The Electrical Wiring Technician will work with other team members to complete tasks and projects in a timely fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assemble and wire control panels for systems in compliance with provided wiring schematics and NEC.
- Able to use a variety of tools and equipment such as measuring devices, hand and power tools.
- Have the ability to interpret wiring schematics and bills of materials.
- Review electrical schematics and panel layout to ensure proper fit and functionality before job commencement.
- Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures and equipment using electric drills, air saws, and multi-tools.
- Replace electrical or electronic components.
- Run wires and cables for AC and DC systems, controls and various electronic appliances utilizing the correct wire gauge and color.
- Properly label all wires and terminals.
- Verify all electrical connections are secure
- Properly integrating all components and systems.
- Routing wires and cables in an orderly fashion
- Inspecting all control systems prior to machine start-up.
- Performing system assembly and testing.
- Install conduit inside concealed areas and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between instruments and control panels.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and using testing devices such as an ohmmeter.
- Assist with customer Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) as required.
- Have a good understanding of electricity and the importance of electrical safety
Education and/or Experience Required:
Minimum 1 year post-high school electrical vocational training or 1 year related electrical employment/military experience.
An Electrical Wiring Tech works on the production floor and must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb. Must also be able to reach above and below shoulder and have fine finger manipulation. Must be able to work in an environment that is contains metal dust.
Hourly position 1st shift M-F 6:30am – 3:00pm. Position requires the ability to work over-time, which may include arriving early or working on normally scheduled days off.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Jury duty, and Bereavement Leave.
- Paid Short-Term Disability
- Education Assistance
Applicants meeting the criteria above must successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening, possible pre-employment testing, interview, and background investigation in order to qualify for full-time employment.
Allegheny Bradford Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster, Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster, E-Verify Participation-English Poster, E-Verify Participation-Spanish Poster,
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
Phone : 814-362-2590
Fax : 814-362-7081
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org